Monday, October 11, 2010



It has been a while since I've posted. This is the season to regenerate and sketch. It's so beautiful outside with all the fall colors I have a difficult time planting myself inside the studio. However...I did manage to complete one last miniature for the season. This guy was taken from a reference photo I had captured years ago. I love the way the figure is reclining and the way the face is seriously pondering. He is off to Florida now and hopefully will be a part of the upcoming MASF show. In the meanwhile...time to stretch out those eye muscles and paint something large again!

3 comments:

Mary Jansen said...

Oops! As always...I forgot to mention the size. This one is 3 x 3" on hot press watercolor board.

Janet Belich said...

Super cool,Mary ! I admire the creativity, to take an image from long ago & turn it into such a piece. I'm envious. Miss you. ;/

Mary Jansen said...

Thanks Janet! This one was so fun to do!
I cant' wait unitl next June when I finally get to meet you! I get so excited just thinking about our gathering! A week is just not long enough!!!